Tax Year: April 1 - March 31
Partial payments and pre-payments are accepted and encouraged.
Pursuant to State law, interest at the rate of 12% is charged on all past-due property taxes, and 18% interest is charged on all property tax liens. If you are unable to pay your property taxes or tax lien in full, making partial payments will benefit you by reducing the total interest that must be paid. Upon receiving your partial payment, the Tax Collector's Office will mail you a receipt showing how your payment was applied and the remaining balance due - which you may then use as a reminder for your next payment.
- Cash, checks, money orders are accepted at the Tax Collectors Office.
- Mastercard, Discover and American Express are also accepted at the Tax Collectors office (3.25% fee).
- Checks or money orders by mail.
- Check or money orders may be placed in the 24 hour secure drop-box located on the right-hand side of the Town Hall (outside the elevator entrance).
- View and/or Pay your property taxes online
The 1st Issue 2016 Property Tax Bills were due July 5, 2016. (Note: 1st issue property tax bill amounts are an 'estimate only' and are based on one-half of the total 2015 property tax amount.)
The 2nd Issue 2016 Property Tax Bills were due December 1, 2016. The 2016 tax rate was set by the State in the fall based on voter-approved budgets of Town, School, County, and State Education requirements, and factoring in other tax-related funding sources. (2016 Tax Rate: $25.45)
Property Tax Liens - In accordance with State law, property tax liens are executed in mid to late April on any properties which have unpaid prior year property taxes and/or unpaid prior year water and sewer bills.
For additional Property Tax information: