Welcome to the Newmarket Fire & Rescue web site. We are a call department of roughly 45 volunteers, two full-time Firefighter/EMTI's and a part-time administrative assistant. Our full-time staff are on duty daily, Monday through Friday. We protect a population of about 9000 residents in a 12.5 square mile area. Newmarket is located in Rockingham County in the southeast corner of New Hampshire in what is commonly called the "Seacoast" area.
We provide fire protection for the residents and businesses of Newmarket and EMS service for the towns of Newmarket and Newfields, utilizing a Quint, Rescue/Engine, Tanker, Forestry/Brush unit, and two BLS Ambulances. We use up to date, specialized equipment to provide our town with the best protection we can offer. This includes thermal imaging cameras, Holmatro (Jaws of Life), electronic gas meters, Lifepak defibrillators, and trained, certified personnel.
So You Want to be a Firefighter!! Interested in the fire or emergency medical service? We are looking for new members. For information call 659-3334, or stop by the station on Young Lane. Have a talk with our week day staff or meet our volunteer staff on a Tuesday evening after 6:00PM. The first Tuesday evening of the month is our department meeting & training. The second Tuesday evening is our EMS training and the third Tuesday is our fire training. Check out our recruitment mailer here.
News & Announcements
- Announcement for Letters of Interest:Appointment to the Full Day Kindergarten Study Task Force
- Town Administrator Releases Proposed FY2016 Operating Budget
- Sample Ballots Available for State General Election November 4
- Horse Found with Eastern Equine Encephalitis (EEE) in Nottingham
- Appointments to the Supervisory Committee for the Independent Consultancy Newmarket Junior/Senior High School Facilities Report.