PURSUANT TO THE NEWMARKET TOWN CODE SECTION 12-23 - EMERGENCY POWERS AND DUTIES, IT IS HEREBY ORDERED EFFECTIVE AUGUST 31, 2020:
NEWMARKET TOWN HALL PLAN TO REOPEN TO THE PUBLIC - PHASE II
The Town has developed the following "reopening" plan phase II, which will enable the safe reopening of Town Hall as follows in concert with public health guidelines as of:
MONDAY, AUGUST 31, 2020 TOWN HALL IS OPEN TO PUBLIC WALK-INS TO ALL OFFICES
NOTE: In order to minimize foot traffic in Town Hall, maximize social distancing, and reduce the risk of exposure to both residents and employees, we strongly encourage residents to continue to make use of our online tools.
To accommodate reopening the building and following advice from the Emergency Management Team and our insurance carriers, we have developed the following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) which will be in effect until further notice. These practices are based upon public health guidelines and are designed to keep both our employees and the public safe.
PROCESS/FACILITY ADAPTATION PRIOR TO REOPENING
The following shall be in place for the reopening of Town Hall:
- Town Hall has been sanitized and will continue to be thoroughly cleaned every evening.
- Hand sanitizer stations have been established throughout the building, and members of the public are asked to use such hand sanitizer prior to entering any Department office.
- Plexiglas or guards of other materials have been installed at all customer service counters.
- Prior to reporting to work, employees will let supervisors know if they need a cloth mask, and cloth masks will be provided to employees that need them.
- When possible, workstations will be separated by at least six feet. Wherever needed, 6' demarcations will be added to areas where people often wait for service.
- To the extent possible, we will maintain only one public entrance to Town Hall (via the St. Mary's side of the building), where masks and hand sanitizer will be available to the public.
- The Beech St. entrance shall be reserved and demarcated for employee (and emergency) use only. It will remain locked.
- In accordance with the Town Emergency Ordinance, all visitors to Town Hall must wear masks.
|Ordinance No. 06 2020/2021 Reaffirming Requiring the Wearing of Face Coverings||194 KB|