Request a Vital Record Online - Click Here!
(Certificates of Marriage, Birth, Death & Divorce )
Certificate Availability & Fees
|Certificate Type||Fees||Years Available|
|Birth||$15.00/one; $10/00/each additional||1935-Present|
|Death||$15.00/one; $10/00/each additional||1965-Present|
|Marriage||$15.00/one; $10/00/each additional||1960-Present|
|Divorce||$15.00/one; $10/00/each additional||1979-6 mo. from Present|
PLEASE NOTE: By obtaining your vital record certified copy directly from the Town of Newmarket, the Town is able to retain 100% of the “Town Fee” portion of the vital record fee ($4.00 of the $15.00 fee), which would otherwise be paid to and retained by the State. The Town is required to remit the remaining portion of the fee ($11.00 of the $15.00 fee) to the State of New Hampshire.
How to Apply:
- Both parties must appear at the same time in the office.
- Valid picture identification is required upon time of application.
- If either party was married previously, the following must be presented, as applicable:
- DIVORCE: A certified copy of the FINAL DIVORCE DECREE, which must include a raised seal on the document.
- DEATH: A certified copy of the death certificate.
- Filing fee is $50.00 (effective 7-13-15)
- License is valid for 90 days from the date you apply. No waiting period.
Please Note: The application process may take up to 30 minutes. We ask that you come no later than 4:30 pm Monday Tuesday & Thursday and 6:30 pm on Wednesday.
The Newmarket Town Clerk is a Justice of the Peace and is willing to act as a marriage officient and perform a brief "legal" civil marriage ceremony at the Town Hall. There is a $25.00 facility fee payable to the Town of Newmarket. Please call in advance to schedule a time.